Mermade Moments: Cupcakin' Bake Shop // Berkeley, CA



Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Cupcakin' Bake Shop // Berkeley, CA


I can't remember if I ever officially announced it, but J got into UC Berkeley! This past weekend, our roommates from Monterey came to stay with us. We decided to BART over to Berkeley for the day and get an official tour from a very official student. It was game day, so there was a lot of people out and about! We spent the day walking around and eating all the food. Before we left that morning, I looked up a cupcake shop. The Yelp reviews were awesome, so I made sure we stopped.


Cupcakin' Bake Shop was everything I hoped it would be. It's located on Durant Street - a short walk from the campus. The outside was so stinking cute and welcoming. I spotted it from the other side of  the street and may have jay-walked ran across the street to get there.

The girl behind the counter was very pleasant and patient with us. Cupcakes are serious business and the flavor decision is crucial!

Beth got the summer berry, which was vanilla cake, vanilla frosting and fresh berries. Holy Cupcake, that was the best vanilla cake I have ever had. It was fluffy and moist and perfect.


I got the s'mores. I usually get some sort of chocolate cupcake from shops because I like to compare them all. Much to my surprise, there was an actual graham cracker crust on the bottom of the cupcake. That is my absolute favorite thing about s'mores cupcakes, but not all places do that. The crust was buttery, the cake was moist, and the marshmallow fluff was homemade and toasted. I mean seriously you guys. I'm so picky when it comes to cupcakes and I almost went back to tell her how amazing they were. They even had these super cute Berkeley cupcakes on display!


The blogger in me failed to get a mouth watering picture of our cupcakes unwrapped, but I can assure you, they were gone in 3 bites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It makes my day! If you would rather email me, feel free!

I would love to review your product, blog, etc. Please email me at miranduh007@yahoo.com