Mermade Moments: Guacamole with Strawberries and Mango!



Friday, July 10, 2015

Guacamole with Strawberries and Mango!

I have a confession. I am not guacamole obsessed. I do not pay the extra $1.75 at Chipotle. Or anywhere else for that matter. I ask restaurants to leave it off the dish if it comes with it. You get the idea.

I have another confession. I've been wrong for 23 years. I'm the type of person that likes to make up my mind by myself on my own time. No amount of convincing can actually convince me.

My best friend has tried for YEARS to show me the light and FINALLY, I've opened my eyes. She would make guac for taco night or when we were eating chips and dip. I slowly would dip my chip in the bowl - the tiniest amount of guac on my chip. Not anymore! I've officially dove in head first!



My mom and I came up with this super delish guac that I have to share. We added strawberries, mango, and chopped jalapenos. GAME OVER.



This is the perfect summertime side dish. It would be amazing on fish tacos!

There really isn't a recipe for this either. (surprise) If you couldn't tell, my family doesn't really do recipes. We just experiment and stop when we're satisfied with the taste.

We used:

  • 2 avocados
  • one slice of mango 
  • a fresh jalapeno (chopped) 
  • a little bit of purple onion 
  • a few strawberries  
  • salt and pepper
Next time, I plan on adding another jalapeno, because I love spicy!

What's your go to guac recipe? I would love to know! Who knows, maybe I'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It makes my day! If you would rather email me, feel free!

I would love to review your product, blog, etc. Please email me at miranduh007@yahoo.com