Mermade Moments: My Boyfriend Names Nail Polish?!



Wednesday, March 25, 2015

My Boyfriend Names Nail Polish?!

I read this really funny article awhile back about a girl showing a boy nail polishes and having him guess their name. I decided to do that with my boyfriend, Jarad! I'll show the nail polish, write the real name, and then put his guess and commentary after that.



Real Name: Mermaid Tale
Jarad's Guess: Ratchet Dress In Da Club. What? That's what it looks like.


Real Name: Road House Blues
Jarad's Guess: My Twilight Years - because it's dark, duh.


Real Name: Deviantly Darling
Jarad's Guess: Idk, I'm not good at this. Old School Car Show. (When I told him the name, he had a disgusted look on his face.)


Real Name: Be Happy
Jarad's Guess: Oh, that's definitely Sea Foam! (I told him the name and he scoffed and shook his head.) Be Happy??? How can they tell???



Real Name: Shop Til I Drop
Jarad's Guess: Ohhh! Salt Water Taffy! (He laughed again at the real name.) Okay, I guess it could be considered reminiscent of Victoria Secret.



Real Name: Big Daddy
Jarad's Guess: Hmmm. What does this remind me of. Mango Sorbet or Some Shit. (I told him the name and he said "I'm not even close to these stupid names!")


Real Name: Anti-Bleak
Jarad's Guess: Look's like Plum Crazy to me....Anti- Bleak? What  does that even mean? Who does this? I can do their job.



Real Name: Naughty Nautical
Jarad's Guess: This one is definitely Baja Blast... At least I was close on this one.


This ended up being really funny. He put decent thought into most of these. My favorite was either Ratchet Dress in Da Club or Baja Blast. Seems legit to me...

What's your favorite nail polish name? What's the most outrageous you've ever seen?

6 comments:

  1. This is such a great post! I may have to do one of these, as well! Love it :)

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "Ratchet Dress In Da Club"! That is absolutely the best. I am sure you guys laughed so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great spin on a topic. I read once about people who name nail polish, it sounded like a great job! I would need to have my thesaurus on hand at all times. I love his answer "Old School Car Show" and "Plum Crazy" they were spot on! He is actually really good at coming up with names. Perhaps he needs to become a professional polish namer. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, l don't know if my comment went through. I think he should take over naming nail polish. His were much funnier than the real names.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha this is great! I've actually been eyeing SH Mermaid Tale, but now I don't think I could look at it and not think "Ratchet Dress in Da Club," omg.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! It makes my day! If you would rather email me, feel free!

I would love to review your product, blog, etc. Please email me at miranduh007@yahoo.com