Mermade Moments: Our Trip To St. Thomas!



Friday, June 20, 2014

Our Trip To St. Thomas!



Hello lovelies!!!! It's been awhile since I've written a legitimate post. I moved a couple weeks ago and then I left for a week long trip to the Caribbean!

It was a great trip, but I am happy to be back and getting settled in Monterey.

I wanted to share some pictures and fun stories from our trip in this post. I plan on doing a post full of tips for traveling to St. Thomas or anywhere in the US Virgin Islands next week.



Trip Highlights:
  • The boys climbed coconut trees and got coconuts for us! We found sharp rocks and got to enjoy the delicious coconut water from inside. 
  • The beach resort we stayed at had GIANT Iguanas everywhere. They were mostly friendly and would eat straight from your hand! 
    This is Linda.

    "Godzilla" loved watermelon.

  • I went snorkeling for the first time! My first time was a little rough,  but we went to St. John and I had the BEST time snorkeling there. Warm water, white sandy beaches, and pretty fish! Oh and I almost stepped on a String Ray. Eeeeek.
Trip Lowlights:
  • Bug bites. Sweet baby Jesus, mosquitos and "can't see em's" bit me everywhereeeeee.
  • Traveling there and back. SUCKED. Looooong flights, delayed flights, missed flights, lost luggage. Anything that could've happened, did. 
  • I got the most ridiculous "cold". I had cold like symptoms, but one of the resort employees was saying that their was a ton of dust from the Sahara blowing over and that it could've been an allergic reaction. Who knew???
the view from our resort

fish tacos!
This was my first vacation with J and we were super excited about it. This was actually my first legitimate vacation with a boyfriend and I loved it! It felt so grown up.

Beth was playing paparazzi

6 comments:

  1. The trip looks so fun! Ugh, I loath bug bites too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just in St. Thomas too, but on a cruise ship. Your trip looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your outfit in the first picture. there's always gonna be something to go wrong on what you feel will be the best vacay ever, but it looks like the good outweighed the bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what beautiful pictures and it looks like you had a lot of fun! I hope to someday make it down there but for now I will just live through your pictures... :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a blast! Seeing those Iguana's would have scared me a little, but I'm glad they were friendly <3
    www.simplysinova.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so much fun! I would LOVE to go on vacation with my boyfriend like that someday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! It makes my day! If you would rather email me, feel free!

I would love to review your product, blog, etc. Please email me at miranduh007@yahoo.com