Mermade Moments: A Weekend Away in Monterey



Monday, May 19, 2014

A Weekend Away in Monterey



Asilomar State Beach


J and I spent a long weekend in Monterey. We got there Thursday night and left Sunday afternoon. We hardly ever get to stay for multiple nights, so this was exciting.

On Friday, I had an interview. Not sure how it went. I might wait to job hunt because this place thought my vacation could be a problem. Lame.

calories don't count when you're with your best friend, right?




The rest of the weekend was spent eating, shopping, and exploring.


I'm a sucker for sea shells

baby jelly!
On Sunday, one of my sweet coworkers from my last job, threw us a going away dinner at our favorite bar/pub! All of my old coworkers came out to eat and have a few drinks with us. <3






Only 12 days till moving day!

What did you do this weekend? Anything exciting?

4 comments:

  1. Your weekend looks like so much fun! I've never been to Monterey. So sweet of your friends to throw you a going away party. How fun! Good luck with job hunting! Interviews always make me nervous. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Job hunting before a big vacation is always a challenge. It's usually better to wait, but if you do decide to send out a few resumes and get called back, be up front and honest about your vacation and let them know that it will not effect the quality of work you are able to provide or the dedication to the position should they give it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My weekends are never exciting. but looks like yours was. I'm so in need a beach trip it's not even fun. I went a while back for a week but only went to the beach once due to having to take care of kids we didn't stay but like 10 mins. i'm use to staying all day. and soaking up sun. i'm ready to go back and be able to do that.

    http://nightowlventing02.blogspot.com/2014/05/doubt-devotion.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up in Salinas and I miss Monterey so much! Looks like you had a blast - and it looks like the weather behaved for you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! It makes my day! If you would rather email me, feel free!

I would love to review your product, blog, etc. Please email me at miranduh007@yahoo.com