Mermade Moments: My Lilly-Esque Canvas Painting



Monday, March 10, 2014

My Lilly-Esque Canvas Painting


I intended this post to be a full on, super fabulous tutorial - showing off my undeniable Lilly skills.

Fail.

I started full of hope and with each paint stroke, my hope deflated like a balloon on a hot summer day.

I was trying too hard and I knew it. My boyfriend sat across the counter from me doing homework. He watched my frustration grow and said "Why don't you just be you? Let yourself shine through - with hints of Lilly throughout." Should I start listing off reasons why I love him now?

I turned my phone over, grabbed a smaller canvas and just started messing around. This worked out much better for me.

So. I give to you! My super fabulous Miran-Lilly painting. I can hear your ooohs and aaahs from here. Thank you, thank you.


In all seriousness, I think it turned out super cute. It's small, but so pretty! Boyfriend said I can hang it in our room when we move to Monterey. Score!


All I did was make little brush strokes in alternating colors, paint the outside space blue, and then paint the white spots in the flower over with white paint (after I took the pictures). Ta daaaaa!



Sorry for the iphone pictures!
 
Let's be friends.

13 comments:

  1. So cute!! I love it! You did a great job :)

    xo Megan, Lush to Blush

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an AMAZING job! I love it!

    -Rebeka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw it's so cute!!

    http://frostingatmidnight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty artwork, I love it!

    Shane, Whispering Sweet Nothings
    Marketing Assistant, Lush to Blush

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable! Your new canvas looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so pretty! I love crafts and my boyfriend is weirdly supportive of all my crazy projects.
    Check them out sometime!
    http://peachesinmo.blogspot.com/search/label/Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I need one for my apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coming over from the Tea Time link up, this painting is so pretty! I can't believe you did that yourself. I would never be able to do that at all. You must be so proud!

    xo. Kailagh

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! It makes my day! If you would rather email me, feel free!

I would love to review your product, blog, etc. Please email me at miranduh007@yahoo.com