Mermade Moments: 22 Random Acts of Kindness



Wednesday, January 15, 2014

22 Random Acts of Kindness



I turned 22 in November and I decided to do 22 random acts of kindness throughout the holiday season.

It ended up being a lot of fun! I was constantly thinking up new ideas. I was by myself for all of them, so the pictures aren't that great. I also don't have as many pictures as I would like, for that same reason.

I got the super cute printables from Mique's blog here. I just used neon colored paper (cut a little larger than the RAK tag) and glued them together!

Here are some that I did!
  • sent an Edible Arrangement to a coworker
  • bought a coworker's lunch unexpectedly
  • left a Starbucks card for my waitress who was having a tough night
  • left a filled up sandwich stamp card at Which Wich for someone to use
  • left quarters on the vending machines at work
  • left quarters on the little toy machines in the grocery store
  • sent a Starbucks card to a small business owner who resent me a package after the post office lost mine, free of charge! - check out The Printed Palette!
  • paid for an order in the coffee drive thru
  • delivered a basket of sunshine to a woman from church - separate tutorial post coming soon
  • baked & sold cake pops for a coworker's daughter's cheer trip - sold out of them!
  • donated toys to the Toys for Tots drive at my work
  • bought a "share a meal" bag  from Savemart for someone's Christmas meal
  • took cupcakes to my boyfriend's grandparents as a thank you
  • donated $25 to an adoption fundraiser - they have been matched!!! Check them out here.
  • held the door open for everyone I encountered
  • arranged for sandwiches to be taken to the local fire department
  • delivered fresh fruit to the local food bank for Thanksgiving meals
  • donated $100 to become a sponsor for the Choose Joy Conference. More on that here.
This isn't the complete list. I repeated some and some failed. Like me leaving a Starbucks card for the mail man in the mail box. He never took it. :(
Sam (the waitress) posted this on IG.

vending machine at work! ching ching!
free sandwich card! a family walked in right after. I hope they took it!
our office filled up 6 boxes! it took 2 people to move each one!
basket of sunshine!
failed attempt for the mail man

What are some of your favorite random acts of kindness? Comment below! Or send me the links to your own blog posts!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Found you on Pinterest and have started following you!
    I always try to let the manager know when I've had good service. I used to work in retail and when a customer compliment (and sometimes a gift from management) was waiting for me at the end of a long shift, it made it all seem worthwhile, so I try to pay it forward a little.
    You've inspired me to start doing more things like this. Thanks for sharing!
    Mel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! It makes my day! If you would rather email me, feel free!

I would love to review your product, blog, etc. Please email me at miranduh007@yahoo.com