Mermade Moments: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Cupcakes



Thursday, December 12, 2013

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Cupcakes

Fun Fact : I bake for a part of my living. I have an office job by day and I bake at night.
Fun Fact 2 : My business is called Cakes for Days. Yes, it means what you think.

This week I had the pleasure of receiving a Ninja Turtle cupcake order. My first one ever! I do character orders very rarely. I pride myself in my unique and delicious cupcake flavors, but would like to expand into more fondant work.

ninja-turtle-cupcakes

Looking at them now, they're lookin' kinda rough. Still cute though! My favorite are the little pizzas. So fun.

ninja-turtle-pizza-cupcake

I didn't follow any directions, I just kind of browsed Google images and went for it.

Masks: marshmallow fondant
Eyes & Mouths: buttercream frosting
Pizzas: marshmallow fondant, painted with food coloring

I used to make my fondant. Every. Single. Time. I decided that was too much time and too much work. I'd rather spend a few extra dollars and have PERFECT fondant. Fondant is trickaaaay. If it's too hot, it doesn't work. If you work with it too long, it doesn't work. It also makes a huge mess. Since I currently bake out of my house, I just don't have the space for a little fondant factory. You think there's oompa loompas for that?

fondant-work-station

I just rolled and rolled the little masks and shaped little pizzas. Next time, I would like the masks to be more flat. Other than that, I'm happy with them.

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle-cupcakes

Find more of my work on by "like" page, Cakes for Days.
For local orders, contact me at miranduh007@yahoo.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It makes my day! If you would rather email me, feel free!

I would love to review your product, blog, etc. Please email me at miranduh007@yahoo.com