Mermade Moments: Egg Cup(cake) Recipe



Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Egg Cup(cake) Recipe

Various recipes for egg cups have been circulating around Pinterest for months. I finally gave in and made them. I’m in love!!! They are so easy to make, easy to take, and delicious! They are made in cupcake tins and clean-up is almost nonexistent! I made enough for my dad and I to have one each day for work. I kept these ones super simple, since I wasn’t sure what to expect. Next week, I’ll be doubling!!


What You Will Need:
  • Cupcake tin (perfect right?)
  • Eggs or liquid egg whites
  • Various veggies and/or meats (ex: mushrooms, squash, bell peppers, ham, spinach, etc.)
  • Cheese (optional)
  • Seasoning of your choice

What You Do:
       1)      Sautee veggies in a pan (I had mushrooms that I needed to get rid of, so I used lots)

2)      Spray your cupcake pan with Pam

3)      Scoop veggies into the bottom of each little section
4)      I cracked one egg in each one (I took the yolks out. Next time I want to try liquid egg whites)

5)      Sprinkle cheese if you are using some (I used very little)

6)      Season to your liking (pepper and tabasco sauce for me)

7)      Give it a little stir

8)      Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes
Despite my initial worries, they came out of the pan just fine. Phew! I let them cool and then wrapped them up and put them in the fridge. When it’s time to eat, you can heat them in the microwave for a minute, or cold is good too! If you come up with any delicious flavor creations, let me know! Enjoy! J


1 comment:

  1. I've made these too. Great quick breakfast. I like to add salsa to mine and I make a scramble egg mix instead of layering then pour into each tin.
    Proud of you! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! It makes my day! If you would rather email me, feel free!

I would love to review your product, blog, etc. Please email me at miranduh007@yahoo.com